Saturday, August 13, 2011

Introduction

Relationships are one of the most complex things that a person can come across in life. In addition to that, there are a million different types of relationships out there... some are healthy and meant worth holding onto, when others should end and simply be let go. Here's the problem - I've noticed throughout my dating years that a lot of people do not know whether or not they are in a healthy relationship. I know many couples who are clearly not meant to be together, but they insist on forcing it for whatever reason. Perhaps it's been such long time since that they've been single that they can't see themselves getting by on their own. Maybe they were high school sweethearts and were very much in love at some point and given time. Some people stay together because it's so familiar and the thought of starting completely over with someone else is absolutely terrifying.

There are people who become so invested in their relationship and the other person that they lose site of what's important to them and as a result of this, they end up compromising and sacrificing their own happiness for the sake of the relationship. I'd be lying if I sat here and told you that I wasn't a victim of any of this. In fact, there are certain aspects of my dating history that can apply to each point that I've already made. I am certainly not a dating expert and I do not have a degree related to this topic, but the one thing that I do have is experience and a passion for writing.

My hopes with this blog is to offer just a little bit of advice to those who may be wondering or questioning their relationship. I am in no way advising certain people to end their relationship or inferring that they need to do something because what they are experiencing isn't healthy. I am completely aware that everyones situation and relationship is different, so please don't take what I say too much to heart. Take it with a grain of salt if you will. My only goal is to share some personal experiences, thoughts, and feelings on love, lust, and all of it's clichés. If anything, sometimes it's just nice to know that there are people out there who have experienced something that you have had or are currently going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment